Visit our facebook page
So how is a wonderful program like ours supported?
We are a non-profit [501(C) (3)] organization, so all gifts are tax-deductible. We receive no direct government funding which allows more freedom in our operations and programming, including Christian input. The women sign up independently for government assistance programs.
Support comes from a wide range of area churches and other faith-based organizations, and local businesses contribute discounts, grants, donations, in-kind gifts, and free services. Many civic organizations (Rotary, Optimists, etc.), as well as social organizations (book clubs, women’s groups, quilt clubs, etc), donate their time and gifts. And, individuals have always been a key to our existence through both their monetary gifts and in volunteering their time and expertise.
There are many contribution options to consider as you evaluate your preference in supporting us. We will honor your direction or allocation requests for cash contributions.
- Sponsor Her Transition In – A transition-in donation of $400 will cover a woman’s move-in expenses which include $200 for rent, $125 security deposit, and $75 for perishable foods for 2 to 3 weeks until her food stamps come in.
- Sponsor Her Housing - A one-time donation of $3500 will cover the costs of one woman’s average stay at Mother House. Costs include rent, utilities and all the personal items that she needs for herself and the baby.
- Sponsor Her Transition Out - A transition-out donation of $1500 will support a woman as she leaves Mother House. The expenses associated with transitioning out of Mother House include security and utility deposits and normally first month’s rent. If they can’t get into low income housing $650 is average rent for a one bedroom apartment. These women normally do not have a positive credit history.
- Estate Planning
- Educational Programs - Mother House will support the cost of a woman’s education up to $1500 to further the women in their careers and to help them obtain better paying jobs – instead of being stuck in minimum wage jobs. Mother House has supported continued education in such areas as computer literacy, nursing, phlebotomy, EMT and medical terminology.
- Baby Items - Mother House appreciates the donation of like-new baby items, however due to limited storage we ask that you please call us first. Each Mother House resident is provided all the baby clothes and accessories needed from the community’s generous donations.
- Grants and fund raising opportunities - Mother House is proactive in applying for grants and participating in community fund raising opportunities. If you are aware of individuals, organizations or programs with grant money or matching funds for qualifying non-profits we would appreciate the information. Your support in these or similar fund raisers is always appreciated.
- Do Your Own Fundraiser - Be creative and have your friends, neighbors, team, or Girl scout troop help you do a fundraiser for Mother House. Here are just a few ideas: Host a shower for Mother House Donate a portion of the proceeds of a home party which sells jewelry, makeup, cooking items, etc. Instead of giving a gift to someone who has everything, give a donation to Mother House instead. They will appreciate your thoughtfulness. Have a blast and host a fun party like Bunco. Your friends and family will love it! Put out a container to collect spare cash in your business or office (especially effective over the holiday period).
- Donate your Vehicle - You can donate your used car directly to Mother House to be given to one of our residents. Please contact us to discuss details.
Contact the Mother House Director regarding any donation questions or suggestions. In response to your contributions Mother House will provide a professionally printed tax contribution receipt or a personalized letter.
For your convenience, we also accept donations through Giving First: